Dear Little Jonesy,
I did not have an emergency c-section today! Today is not your birthday!
You have given us quite a scare little man. Your daddy and I are so excited to meet you and hold you and see you grow, but you need to stay and grow a little longer. No matter how many times you hear me say how much I can't wait for this pregnancy and all of the miserableness to be over, ultimately I want you to know that you and your health are my number one priority.
You have given us quite a scare little man. Your daddy and I are so excited to meet you and hold you and see you grow, but you need to stay and grow a little longer. No matter how many times you hear me say how much I can't wait for this pregnancy and all of the miserableness to be over, ultimately I want you to know that you and your health are my number one priority.
We had our weekly doctors visit on Wednesday this week. The doctor did a sonogram to see how you are growing in there. Unfortunately, I have not been able to eat and keep a lot of food down and you have stopped growing as much as you used to. You were in the 56th percentile for weight a few weeks ago and are now only in the 32nd percentile. You weigh about 4 pounds now. Our doctor gave me a new medicine to try. Hopefully this one will help me to not be so sick all the time, so we can both get the nourishment we need to make it a little longer. We want you to stay growing inside of Mama for as long as possible.
Today, we had a Non-Stress-Test to see how your little heart is handling all of the stress of having a sick Mama. Even with a few contractions, you passed! You are still in the "almost scary zone," but at least we know that you can stay inside and cook for one more week. We will go to weekly doctors visits every Wednesday and to the hospital for NST's every Friday from now on, to see how you are doing.
We have had so many wonderful people taking care of us the last few weeks. They come over and babysit your Mama and make sure I take my medicine and eat and drink, so that you can grow. They drive us to doctors visits, take us to their houses (where I am very bad company and sleep most of the day in their guest bedrooms) and even make us dinner. Next week your Auntie Hattie is coming to Texas to spend a week making sure we are okay. She is a wonderful Auntie and already loves you very much! She is taking off a whole week from work and teaching and being a mommy and wife to come help us. The week after that your Nana is coming and she is going to take care of us until it is time for your birthday!
You have the best daddy in the whole world! He is so excited to meet you! He kisses Mama's tummy every morning before he leaves for work and he tells you he loves you every night before we go to bed. He loves to feel you kick and move inside of my tummy. Sometimes I catch him looking at all your little outfits and playing with your stufty's. He wants you to grow big and strong inside Mama's tummy so that you two can play and cuddle when it's time for you to come out.
We love you little man. I am so grateful for you, this entire pregnancy has been a struggle for me, but you are such a great blessing. Keep growing and being safe in there. I promise you will get to come out soon, but just hang on a little bit longer. I will do my best to help you develop like you need to.
I love you peanut.
I love you peanut.
-Mama
That's so adorable! Now I want to meet him. I'm happy that you guys are still doing good. You are in my prays every night. ^-^
ReplyDeleteyou guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeletekeep growing little guy!!
Glad the little guy is still doing ok. Hope you get to feeling a bit better with the new medication and can start eating and keeping it down. You guys are in our prayers :)
ReplyDeletenow that i'm crying...this is just precious. You both are going to make amazing parents!
ReplyDeleteKallie you are amazing! Brecon has pretty much adopted you as an auntie and makes sure he includes you in all his prayers. He stopped during the dinner prayer and said, "mom, can I say bless aunt Kallie right now? is that ok at this prayer?" pretty cute. We are so glad you are such a trooper and that Hat can come see you. Hang in there, you are going to be an amazing, amazing mommy! loves...Ed
ReplyDelete