Our Valentines Day celebration this year started with Josh getting his candy gram ( a love note, using candy bar names to make a message).
It said,
"Happy Valentines Day my *Slim Jim* I know I am a *Nerd(s)* but I wanted to do something special for my *Big Hunk* I love you *Mounds* I totally *Skor*ed when you gave me a *Ring (pop).* I would go to the *Milky Way* and back for you. You, my love are worth *100 Grand.* Our relationship has sure been a *Whopper(s).* Remember when you got me all *muddy (bears)?* You are such a * Hot Tamale(s)!!!* Thanks for always going the *extra (gum)* mile, You always save me when I am in a *Crunch* and only *Snicker(s)* at me a little when I am being an *Air Head(s).* You are my *Life Saver(s)!* Even now that I am getting *Chunky,* you still tell me I'm beautiful. Our *Baby (bottle pop)* is lucky to be getting you as his *(tootsie) Pop.* I look forward to all the adventures we will soon face as the *3 Musketeers.* *Baby(Ruth)* what I am trying to say is: being married to you is pure *(Dove) Bliss.*
Always and Forever,
Love your *Sweettart(s)*
P.S. Now you will go on a love hunt. I promise there will be no *Twix*"
The first clue led him to the kitchen sink and also to his first "task." He was instructed to enjoy some chocolate dipped strawberries with his wife before reading the next clue. (My strawberry dipping skills leave something to be desired)
The next clue was in the oven. We had to share our favorite memory of the two of us before he could read the next clue.
The clue led to the microwave. The task said to pour some bubbly and take turns making toasts before getting the next clue.
Then we were led to his shoes in the closet, where we told each other what character trait we love most about one another.
The final clue was hidden in the dirty clothes basket. After finding the envelope he had to "kiss his woman like she's never been kissed before" and then he could read the final clue.
It led to the laundry room. He received homemade "Love Checks" (similar to love coupons). They all have a financial/banking theme.
Some of his options include:
"A Cash Advancement" (May be used toward ANY new item/toy he has been wanting)
"Travelers Check" (Good for one night at a hotel or camping)
"A Withdrawal from my recipe box" (A home baked treat delivered to him while he is at work)
"A Foundation Assessment" (Good for a 30 min foot massage)
"Credit Enhancement" (Privileges to multiply any check by two)
"A Backdated Event" (A chance to "relive" his favorite date)
"No Penalty Abandonment" (Good for a night out with the boys with no guilt trip from me before or after, Comes with a money back guarantee)
The gift also included hints to our date.
We then got together with Jarron and Karisa. The boys were blind folded and I drove us downtown to Medieval Times. The boys had to guess where we were going (Josh of course knew exactly what freeway we were on based on the speed of the traffic... and my reaction to the insane set up of the exits).
Karisa and I had a blast playing the role of "kidnappers"
Out side the Castle before the show
They served us tomato bisque soup, garlic toast, herb rubbed chicken, spare ribs, garlic potatoes (AHHH-MAZING!!) and an apple turn over.
The show was really fun and entertaining! Sadly our sections' knight did not win. We still had a blast watching the knights use all their different weapons and play tournament games.
Happy Valentines Day Josher! I love you!
*As always I got my ideas from the ever amazing Love Actually and a new find, The Dating Divas.
*As always I got my ideas from the ever amazing Love Actually and a new find, The Dating Divas.













I am always amazed at how creative you are. I didn't give Travis anything for Valentine's Day other than a trip to a really boring swim meet where he had to watch through the window. Sounds romantic, doesn't it. Your date on the other hand sounds amazing.
ReplyDelete