It has been a wonderful Sunday. We attended church this morning and truly felt the spirit. A family in our area recently took the missionary discussions and those over eight were baptized over the weekend and then confirmed in our ward meeting today. In our ward it is tradition to dedicate the fifth Sunday to missionaries and missionary work. We heard from our new sister missionaries who did a wonderful job. After that we heard from a man who has only been a member for three and a half months. His talk was amazing! I love being a member of the church. It has blessed my life so much. I am truly grateful for the testimonies of others who were not born in the gospel. I love to hear and be reminded of the blessings of my life.
It has been a nice and relaxing day with Gramie Del and my mom. We had our home teachers over right after church and now everyone is reading and napping and taking it easy until dinner.
We are having a good ol'Mormon Sunday dinner of roast and potatoes. We really miss those of you who are not here with us, but are also grateful to have so many of our family members so close.
My best friend down here in St. George is a recent convert and was sealed to her husband and daughter yesterday. She and I have the most amazing talks about religion. It's so interesting to hear her talk so lovingly about the things of the gospel that I have a tendency to take for granted.
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to this particular blog. We are incredibly blessed to have grown up with such a wonderful gospel to show us the way