Greenville is only a three and a half hour drive to Williamsburg Virginia where Josh's brother Chris is attending William and Mary. We decided since we were so close and we hardly ever get to see Chris, Karim and Sofia in person we just had to make time to meet up with them. The boy's found the perfect location for us to gather. It was about a 2.5 hour drive for each of us to meet up in the Outer Banks, NC (where the Wright brothers first flew their plane) and it was totally worth the trip!
I can't believe we might live less than 3 hours to the OBX not to mention 45 min to the nearest beach! It will be a first for me and Maver.
We ate at a really yummy restaurant called Chili Peppers Coastal Grill.
Josh tried his first crab cake sandwich and thought it was awesome!
I love this lil girl!
How cool would it be rent one of these homes for a weekend?!
Thanks Chris, Karim and Sofi for making the trip to see us. We had a blast with you! If we move to NC we will look forward to seeing you more often.
On our way back "home" to Julie and Dylan's house we saw a highway sign for a light house less than 20 min away. Josh and I have never seen a lighthouse in person so we decided to take advantage of the snoozing Mav in the back seat and go check it out.
This is the Bodie Island Lighthouse. It was awesome and huge! I think lighthouses are fascinating.
On our way back to the highway we saw another sign for "The Inn at Rodanthe." Being the huge Nicholas Sparks fan I am I just had to see the inn from the book and movie.
You really can stay here or in one of the hundred different stilt homes in Rodanthe. It was awesome to see this. I predict a Nicholas Sparks tour of the Carolinas if we decide to move to North Carolina.







No comments:
Post a Comment