It feels like I just did Maver's one month post and now he is already two months old!!! Where is the time going?!? I packed away his premie and new born size clothes this week and it nearly broke my heart! My baby is growing much too fast, I'm afraid to sleep for fear that when I wake up he will be leaving on his mission! All I can say is that I am truly grateful to my mom-in-law, Jerri for letting me marry her baby boy! I may not be so kind when another girl comes to take my place as Maverik's best girl.
But that is much too depressing to think about so... on to the main event of this post!
Stats:
- Length- 24 inches
- Weight-11 pounds on the dot!
- 0-3 Month Clothes... some 3-6 month clothes (but not because they actually fit but because they are so gosh darn cute, I just can't wait to see my little man in them!)
- NB size diapers (We have one box to finish out and then it's off to his technical size... 1's!!!)
Loves:
- Daddy
- Mama
- His binker
- His swing/buzzer chair
- Tummy time ( He can hold his head up FOREVER and can almost roll over( he gets hung up on his arm and hasn't quite figured out how to get over it yet)!!! He also likes taking naps on his tummy. AND! He has started to get up on his fists and knees and trys to push forward... then he face plants into the carpet but the first crawl has to start somewhere right???!)
- Nana Giraffe
- Mama bunny
- Grammy Jerri Bunny
- Grammy Del Bunny's
- Cooing to his reflection in the mirror
- Being held upside down by his feet (this is a special Daddy/Maver activity)
- Bath time
- Cuddling
- Reading (we read at least 5 books a day! Picture books, Harry Potter (during breakfast), The Scriptures and The Hunger Games at night as a family.
- Watching the ceiling fan
- Watching TV (he especially likes watching Baby Einstein videos)
- The cereal isel at the grocery store... either because he knows it goes well with his favorite food...MILK! or because of the all the bright colored packages (I'm leaning toward the second)
Firsts:
- Move (he has been great about letting Mama & Daddy pack and unpack)
- Swimming (We took him down to the pool at the apartments! He loved it! It's nice to live in Texas where the pool water is the same temperature as his bath's!)
- Smile!!!!
- Reading Harry Potter (You can only read, AKA- recite from memory, Good Night Moon so many times in a day, so I have started reading a chapter of HP to him every day during his breakfast) He seems to enjoy it!
This little guy is turning out to be a little miniature Josh- Good looking, popular (everyone loves him), jock (he is super active), who is going to accomplish many great and amazing things in his life.
I LOVE IT!
I LOVE IT!
I love this!!
ReplyDeleteEspecially the Harry Potter part. That kid is going to develop such a love of books from you!
Awesome post - it helps us to get acquainted with our little Mavs Man. He's going to have a wonderful life!!! Hugs and kisses!
ReplyDeleteso fun! i just started re-reading all the harry potter books and you've inspired me to read them to my little pumpkin. haha!
ReplyDeleteI love that you are reading him Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. It's never too early to get good taste in literature!
ReplyDelete