What's in a name?!

Many of you have asked what our little guy's name is going to be. Right now we call him  Lil' Jonesy or Peanut, but don't worry his birth certificate is not going to say Jonesy Jones or Peanut Jones. We have his possible names narrowed down to 3. The names we like are, in no particular order:

Maverik Hawthorn Jones- Not that it matters but Maverik means "independent," which I am a fan of. We also like the name because it is similar to the name of Josh's favorite basketball team the Dallas Mavericks. It is also a very "Texas" name.
His nick names would be Mav or Maver. 
The middle name Hawthorn comes from the street we used to live on... Hawthorn Drive.

Maksim Hawthorn Jones- Maksim is a Russian name (Josh served his mission in Ukraine and speaks Russian) Maksim means "The Greatest" which we already know fits him! (:
We would probably call him Maks for short.

Ephram Carson Jones- Pronounced EFF- ram and not to be confused with Ephraim. This has been my favorite boy name for as long as I can remember. Carson is Josh's favorite boys name.


Yes, we like uncommon names... but with a last name like Jones we can afford to be a little creative and different.

6 comments:

  1. Those are all such great names! I love that you guys chose such uncommon names for your little man. I can't wait to see which one you choose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maksim. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of them! I am excited to find out who he is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like all of those cute names but maksim is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Maksim Hawthorn. So masculine and unique! I love unique names that you can still pronounce correctly when you read them... jaraka.... haha, hopefully that's explanation enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Logan and I are the same with uncommon names! All of the names seem so awesome! I can't wait until he comes! ^-^

    ReplyDelete