An Eventful Weekend

Last weekend was our little move from our house into our "in-between" apartment. I spent the week before being very productive (you will remember that I am no longer on partial bed rest) about packing up our belongings. We woke up early on Saturday morning, got ready, bought donuts, and packed up the final items before the move. Our friends and family started to show around 9 am and Josh immediately got busy directing everyone on loading up the moving truck. Jerri, Karisa and I worked on cleaning and vacuuming each room after the boys had moved the furniture.
The men had everything packed up and ready to go by 11 and left in a caravan to start unpacking it at the apartment. The girls stayed behind for a little while to finish cleaning and to open the door for the inspector. When everything was clean and the inspector was gone, Karisa went home and Jerri and I started to drive our fully loaded cars to the apartment. I was in the lead and about a block away from the new place I started to feel really dizzy. I immediately pulled over into a Starbucks parking lot (where I parked across three parking spots) and passed out.
Jerri pulled her car up along side mine to see why I had stopped. She realized I was not conscious and quickly parked her car and called Josh to come help. My car was locked with all the windows up and me inside completely passed out. Jerri banged on the windows and yelled my name for about five minutes until I finally woke up.  Josh drove up in the big box truck about the same time and immediately drove me to a hospital.
I spent a couple of hours getting poked by needles and having nurses ask me over and over if I was on any illegal drugs (Really?!?! Even if I weren't pregnant the answer would be NO!)
They eventually released me, saying that it was just a fluke thing and if I took it easy I would be fine by morning. I ate a footlong Subway sandwich (passing out makes you REALLY hungry), took a four hour nap (passing out also makes you REALLY sleepy), woke up for about 2 hours and then went to bed again for the night. The next day was Sunday and I got up and ready for church. I had a bit of a headache but figured I would be fine after a good ole Sunday nap. We were only in sacrament for 20 minutes before I started to feel very dizzy and weak again. Josh helped me up and to the hall for a drink of water and.... I passed out AGAIN!
Thank goodness for so many wonderful ward members who rushed to my aid. I was given pretzels and even a little boys sippy cup with apple juice. A man in our ward is an RN and he had me stay on the floor with my legs elevated for about fifteen minutes before he would let me even sit up. No one ever said  pregnancy is a modest experience (especially with a skirt up over your head).
We went to the hospital where I will be delivering and my Obgyn was there on call. She came in and checked me over and then reviewed all the test results from the day before. Her conclusion is that I had an atypical migraine. She gave me some medicine and told me to eat lots of protein and take it easy.
My sweet mother in law Jerri has spent almost every day over at our apartment babysitting me and unpacking all of our stuff. She has been a major help!
I still have a headache but the medication helps a lot it also makes me sleep ALLLLLLLLLLL THE TIME!!!!
I really worried my sweet husband. I feel terrible for putting him through so much this past year. He is a real trooper. I think it's harder sometimes to be the caregiver to someone who is sick, than it is to be the sick person. Josh has been so great! He is constantly asking me how I feel and last night he even gave me an hour long foot and leg massage. I love you Josher, I promise not to put you through any more craziness, for as long as I can help it.

P.S.
Thanks everyone for wanting to keep reading our blog now that it's private. We have nearly 100 readers!!!!!! I had no idea! It is a really confidence booster!
And because of your loyalty I will reward you with.... post's and pictures of our new apartment and our baby shower!!!! Haha

1 comment:

  1. Take it easy. That had to have been a scary experience for all of you.

    ReplyDelete