The Weekend Came

...and went
...and no little Jonesy! 
We did have a false alarm though:

I always thought it was weird when I would hear about women who thought they were in labor and weren't- now I am one of them. And you know what... sometimes it's hard to tell! I mean seriously, my body hasn't been the same or predictable for 9 months! And now I'm supposed to know what's going to happen next.... NO WAY JOSE!

We spent a few hours in a hospital room on Sunday. I was in a robe and all hooked up to the monitors, but after a while the nurse sent me home with a "better luck next time."



It has been a difficult weekend with lots of contractions, lots of throwing up, and lots of passing out.
I have been spending most of my time sleeping and watching TV.
My mom and Josh have spent the weekend watching TV, scooping my passed out self off the ground, holding my hair back when I'm sick, giving me medication, feeding me, talking to family on the phone and spending time online.
Talk about a great Memorial Day weekend. HA!

WE ARE REALLY REALLY EXCITED FOR THE REAL DAY WHEN LITTLE JONESY IS ON HIS WAY!
This little "trial run" really gave me and Josh a sense of what it will be like to go to the hospital knowing that when we leave we will be three!

I can't wait to meet my little boy!
ONLY 10 MORE DAYS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kallie!
    I added another baby bump picture to my FB profile, since it's much more of a BUMP now! :) We find out the gender on June 9th (your baby boy's scheduled due date!), so we're pretty excited. Next week! Dylan and I both think it's a girl, but his mom thinks it's a boy, and I'm thinking about all the possibilities either way. Can't wait to announce it, and to see your little baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure like to keep things exciting. :)

    Some things to pack that I wish I'd had the first time around: socks (sometimes hospitals can be cold), snacks (for both you and Josh--nursing and giving birth at random hours makes you hungry in the middle of the night!), and pacifiers if you want to use them.

    ReplyDelete