I have officially made it to 34 weeks!
Hattie left Tuesday evening, and it was sad to see her go. I really LOVED having her company! She took very good care of me and I hardly had any "episodes" while she was here. We really didn't do much and I was a horrible hostess, sleeping away most of her visit, but it was great to have her amazing company. My mom came into town a few hours before Hattie's flight left and the three of us had a little while to just hang out and eat some A&W (yum!!!!!!). My mom is planning on staying to "babysit" me for the long haul.
She took me to my OB visit on Wednesday and my doctor seemed pretty happy with my weight gain... ONE WHOLE POUND!!!!! Yay! I have an ultrasound next Wednesday and hopefully we find out that that one pound went to Little Jonesy. We need to fatten him up!
I went to the hospital for my NST today and we passed again! No emergency C-section today!!!!
Finally, I had an appointment with a cardiologist specialist and he thinks I have Vasovagal Syncope. Which pretty much means I pass out when I become overly physically stressed. After delivery I will be tested for VS by being hooked up to a heart monitor and placed on a tilt-table then having it tip me upside down over and over until I pass out (just the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach). If this is what I have, I will have to be on medication for the rest of my life, unless I am pregnant, in which case I would have to have supervision and not drive all over again. We are really hoping that once I am not pregnant all these issues will go away on their own, but there is still no guarantee that it wont come back with future pregnancy's. *sigh* So much drama!
My OB is super uncomfortable with me having a vaginal delivery even with an epidural because it is still physically stressing even when you don't feel the pain. Considering, I have been passing out while just sitting and laying down, I most likely will have issues with labor. My doctor is concerned that I could pass out and have a seizure during delivery and that could be very harmful to Little Jonesy. So I will schedule a C-section at my next visit, and will deliver at 37 weeks (unless things are looking better).
Thank goodness for good medical care and the precautions of wise doctors!
Can you believe I'll probably be a mama in just 3 weeks!?!?!?! Josh and I are so excited to meet our little man. Hopefully all the medications and steroid shots have helped him to develop a little faster, so he wont have any issues coming early.
I'm so happy for you guys! You have been so strong. Best wishes to your new family.
ReplyDeleteKallie, I had a c-section. If you feel like chatting about it you can totally e-mail me: randipaul at gmail.com You'll be great!
ReplyDelete