It was 1:30 AM and I was WIDE awake! Like AWAKE AWAKE and super uncomfortable!!! Though this is not particularly abnormal these days, the uber hard baby bump and contractions were a bit different than anything I have experienced so far. I tried my best be quiet while shifting into different positions to find something that would at least be tolerable. I even got out of bed and rocked back an forth, like the doctor had shown me how, to help ease the pain. By 2:45 I was throwing up and of course in a one bedroom apartment... EVERYBODY IN THE HOUSE WAS UP! Josh and my mom held my hair back and rubbed my neck, face and arms with a cool wash cloth while I was hunched over dry heaving. I continued to have contractions (though most were not sever and they were DEFINITELY not consistent or evenly spaced) until 4:30. I think all of us thought at least once that this could be the it, I could be in labor. It would be just like me... and just like this pregnancy... to have "peculiar" and "abnormal" labor symptoms. I decided to wait it out until 11AM, when I was scheduled for my weekly NST, to go to the hospital.
I felt so bad for Josher, I kept him up half the night and he had to be up and be off to work at 7.
At 10:30 AM I started feeling sever cramping and pains and ended up passing out (again... not that these are unusual happenings these days).
My mom and I arrived at the hospital, I got hooked up to the monitors and I WAS INDEED HAVING CONTRACTIONS!
But alas, today is not his Birthday!
Little Jonesy's heart rate, stayed consistent and in the safe zone through everything.
They sent me home with instructions to watch it and to feel free to come back if I think I need to.
Little teaser! He would pick today of all days to "pretend to be coming."
you just about gave me a heart attack! definitly thought you were posting during active labor haha :) which is exciting cuz i love blog stalking you, but i'm also glad yesterday was not the day. he's gotta stay in a little while longer!! :) :)
ReplyDelete