No time to be small...

Maverik has been growing up so fast! I know everyone always says that, but in this case it is so so true! He just doesn't have time to be a baby. I can already tell this little boy is going to change the world. He has already changed mine for the better.  


Maverik is rolling over front to back and back to front. I will put him down in the middle of his play mat while I make dinner and before I even make it to the kitchen he has rolled off the mat AND has turned a 45 degree angle! I'm not sure how he does it!


At Maverik's four month check up we found out he is in the 86th percentile for his height but the 1st percentile for his weight. The doctor told me he needs to start gaining weight and the best way to do that is by eating baby food.


The first night Maverik absolutely loved eating his pears for dinner. But now he just screams every time we try to feed him. I think it's because misses cuddle time with mama! (: I admit I miss having him snuggle up to me every time he is hungry too. 


Isn't he so cute when he is mad? We started sneaking rice cereal into his bottles to see if that helps at all. Maybe we just have a string bean on our hands. There's nothing wrong with that his daddy is a string bean too! 


Whenever we let Mav sit up he insists on standing up! We let him stand agains the chair and sofa the other day and he stood there for 5 minutes or more.


He hasn't tried to take a step or anything yet but he does like to show off a little. "Look Mama one hand!"


He even graduated to the big boy tub! He loves to kick and splash in there! Hunching over the side is a little more tricky for Daddy and Mama, than just standing at the kitchen sink, the trade off is that we don't end up with drenched t-shirts this way. 


When I look back on how much Maverik has grown and changed I get a little sad. But then I think of how much growing and learning he has left and I get so excited! He truly is the greatest blessing Josh and I could ever imagine.


This is a cute (dark) video of Maverik laughing at his Mama... which is not a hard thing to do! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kallie, he is such a sweetheart! You put so much effort and care into being his mommy, and as evident in that video, he just absolutely adores you. I know what you mean, about the bittersweet feelings of watching them grow. I just had no idea how quickly babies change until experiencing it myself.

    p.s. The Halloween costumes looks awesome. You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is he cute and funny enough? Thanks for sharing our Mavs Man and his adventures with us! We miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These boys are getting big fast, aren't they? Weren't they just born?

    Don't worry about him being skinny--both his mama and daddy are, so it's just another sign that he's yours. Maddie dropped off the charts for a while and they sent her for all kinds of metabolic tests, but it turns out she is just tall and skinny like her dad.

    ReplyDelete