Happy Fathers Day Josher!

Dear Joshua,

     You are a Daddy! Happy first Fathers Day! I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful Daddy you have been. Maverik is so blessed to have you in his life. You are a worthy priesthood holder and you bring the spirit into our home. I know you will teach Mav to cherish the Priesthood and to be a worthy and righteous man all his life. Maverik will learn through your example the power of prayer. He will know that sometimes the right choice is not the easiest choice. He will learn that serving others is so important. He will learn to be Christlike because of your decision to go into social work and to make helping others your career.
     You are a gentleman and you treat everyone with respect, especially me. You will teach Maverik to honor me and to treat me and all women with respect. You will teach him to open doors for women, speak politely and use good manners. These are very important, but unfortunately dying traditions. I appreciate that you will make it a priority to instill these values in our children. 
     Thank you for being the kind of man our son can look up to and fallow after. Maverik will know right from wrong. You will teach him to stand up to peer pressure. You will teach him to have respect for himself and he will have the confidence to say no, when he is faced with bad choices. You are a wonderful example of doing the right thing. 
     You are so well rounded. I love that you have interests in so many things. I know you will appreciate and value whatever Maverik is interested in. You will be his biggest fan and will be a very active participant in all his activities. I look forward to watching you teach him to swim, throw a ball, shoot a basket, and have fun trying new things. I can't wait to see you helping him with his pine wood derby, math homework and to prepare for a mission. 
     You are already an active part of Maverik's life. He loves snuggling with you. It is amazing to hear you talking to him and making up songs for him. I can tell you already love him so much. I am so proud of you for learning so quickly how to change a diaper and take care of a newborn. 
     I am so grateful to be your wife. It is wonderful to have such an amazing partner to have a family with. Thank you for all that you do for our family. I LOVE YOU!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO AN AMAZING DAD AND HUSBAND!

Love,

Kallie

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to Josh! Well-written Kallie.

    ReplyDelete