Our first anniversary is this weekend and in honor of it I have gathered together the most memorable moments from our first year of marriage!
January: (this was a big month for us)
- We got married in the Idaho Falls LDS temple and had our reception in Ammon ID
- Went on our honeymoon to Playa del Carmen, Mexico (my first time out of the country)
- Open house in Texas
- I turned 20 years old
- Started working at a Texas AE
- I drove in big city traffic for the first time. (Salt Lake SO does not count)
- We were living with Josh's parents
- We went to the PBR at the Cowboy's new stadium
- I ate at Whataburger for the first time (opinion: not so good)
- I ate at Chicken Express for the first time (opinion: Amazing!!!!)
- We were called to teach the CTR 5 class in our ward (We were still living with Bruce and Jerri, but wanted to go to the ward we would be living in, so we drove 45 minutes to get to church every Sunday)
April:
- My mom and Gramie Del came to visit us, we all went to San Antonio and Austin for the weekend.
June:
- We bought a $5 kite at Walmart and flew it in the empty lots across the street from our house
- We planted flowers in our flowerbeds
- We went to "Wicked" (Josh thought it was over at intermission and tried to walk out of the theater haha).
July:
- We celebrated the one year anniversary of the day we met.
- Josh played softball with our ward, their team name: MUD TURTLES
- We went to Utah to celebrate our Granny's 90th Birthday
- After Utah we drove up to Idaho to see our Clapp side of the family. (Josh came home before I did and a few days later when he picked me up at the airport I had pink streaks in my hair.)
- I started school as a full time student and worked full time at AE (full time mistake)
August:
- I discovered breakfast sandwiches at Which Wich (so delish!)
- I got my craft on
- I stopped going to school and working at AE
- We met with a realtor to sell our house so Josh could go to GRAD SCHOOL
- Josh started filling out grad apps
- WE FOUND OUT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!
- We went to the Texas State Fair and the Hot Air Balloon Festival
- I introduced Josh to the great glory of McDonalds Monopoly
- We carved our first pumpkin together. (We did a toothy face on one side and a "J" on the other)
- WE SAW OUR BABY ON OUR FIRST ULTRASOUND (the best part was hearing the swish-swish of the heartbeat.)
November:
- We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving (road tripped-it to Boise to see The Forgotten Carols, Josh was stoked to get to see the campus he might be attending)
- ANNOUNCED OUR PREGNANCY
- Josh finished all of his applications for grad school
- We celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple
- We decorated our house for the holidays just as we wanted to
- Went to Mexico with the Joneses
- Found a buyer for our house
- AND...
WE WILL CELEBRATE OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY THIS SUNDAY!
I love you Joshua. I am so happy I married you. It has been a wonderful first year. I look forward to many more amazing memories with you. I know this year of changes and additions is going to be a great adventure. I am so excited to share it with you.
- Olive Juice,Special K




Congrats on the anniversary and congrats on finding a buyer. Both are exciting. I can't beleive you guys have been married a year already. Time flies.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely enjoyed reading this! I'm so happy for you and Josh! Yay-hooray for a year of marital bliss
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finding a buyer! That is so exciting! What an awesome 1st year of marriage. I am so excited to see what happens next :) hehe
ReplyDeleteCongrats guys! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteLoved the over view of a hugely eventful year for the two of you. Very, very nice!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! May the rest of eternity be as great as your first year!
ReplyDelete