Sew, the man can so...

or something like that (:

Yesterday Josh was getting dressed for work when the button on his pants fell off. Now if this were to happen to me I would do one of two things:

a) Wear the pants but also put on a belt and just synch it up real tight so the pants wouldn't fall off and no one would see the missing button.

-or-

b) Take the pants off, stick them in the back of my closet and try and forget about them until someday far down the road when I would begin to really miss the pants and how they fit. At which point I would dig for them, sew on the button and live my life as happy as can be.

These two options did not occur to my husband however, he instead immediately went looking for his sewing kit. When it comes to sewing on buttons my husband does not dilly dally.
My first thought was that he would just ask me to sew it on for him before he left. Or he might even attempt to do it himself and then sheepishly ask for my assistance.
But that is not what happened!
He took the pants and with the most incredible expertise, he Zip Bam Boom had that button secured on the pants. He knew exactly how to use all of the sewing tools, how to thread the needle in seconds, and most impressively how to tie a knot at the end of the string. I was very amazed to say the least! I must say he may be a better "housewife" than I am. Thank you Jerri for teaching your son such a useful skill.
Josh you are a wonderful husband with so many hidden talents, I am excited to see what other skills you have just waiting to shine out for me (and everyone) to see.

1 comment:

  1. Here's another terrific thing about Josh. He found himself a terrific wife. We're so happy you're a part of this family, doll.

    ReplyDelete