We finally made it to the BIG APPLE to visit Josh's parents aka Elder and Sister Jones. They are serving a mission in the CONCRETE JUNGLE as CES instructors. It was my first time to visit THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS. It was also Maverik's first time to meet his Grammy and Poppy. We had a blast!
Maverik had to wake up a little before his internal alarm clock went off, so he caught the plane in his jams! (Don't you just love his bed head?) He was thinking he was pretty hot stuff sitting in the seat all by himself.
The first pic of Grammy, Poppy and Mavy in THE CITY SO NICE, THEY HAD TO NAME IT TWICE. (I accidentally left Mav's hat and mitten's at home... so we bought this red heart covered one from a street vendor! Only real men can wear girls hats and still look this handsome! )
With my stud in front of THE EMPIRE CITY.
It was SOOOO COLD AND WINDY, but we still tried to experience and enjoy all the activities of THE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. We took a ferry to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island but only got out and walked/ ran as fast as we could despite the strong wind around the statue. (sorry... no good pictures)
I love these two!!!
One night Maverik let us know he had had enough of all our adventures. We decided we would do something he was a little more accustomed to- which as a Dallas baby was a long drive on the freeway.
We went to Hoboken, New Jersey to visit Carlos Bakery!!! No... sadly I didn't get to meet The Cake Boss, but it was still a dream come true!
We went to Hoboken, New Jersey to visit Carlos Bakery!!! No... sadly I didn't get to meet The Cake Boss, but it was still a dream come true!
Just a "so I think I'm a photographer pic"
and another... yeah I think I'm pretty awesome! haha
At the Rockefeller ice rink.
I totally see this sign on TV every Thursday night on 30Rock.
Josh loves Legos! We spent a good long time in the Lego section of the F.A.O Schwarz toy store!
We even saw the Giant Piano from Tom Hanks' BIG.
We ate.... A LOT! We had yummy Thai food, baguette sandwiches, hot dogs from a vendor on the street and...
Some good ole "fold it in half to eat it" pizza! Yum!
We saw and experienced Times Square.
And even saw Phantom on Broadway!!! IT. WAS. INCREDIBLE!
The traditional three generation pic!
We loved seeing you Grammy and Poppy!!! We love you! Miss you already!
P.S. Did I miss any of the nicknames for New York? (:










Fun, memorable times with the Joneses! We love getting acquainted with little Mavers - such a handsome and loveable grandson. Come back soon for more adventures!
ReplyDeleteKallie!! You look gorgeous! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous of you for going to Carlos!!! You guys look great!
ReplyDelete